FUE (follicular unit extraction) is a type of hair transplant surgery that involves extracting individual hair follicles from a donor part of the body, usually the sides and back of the head.
These individual follicles are then implanted in the areas that are affected. Typically, with the men suffering from male pattern baldness this will be the classic horseshoe area.
How does a FUE Hair Transplant work?
An FUE Hair Transplant works by being able to remove only the healthiest and most robust of individual hair follicles from the donor area which is most typically the back of the head, sometimes the sides.
These donor hair follicles are then transplanted one by one back into the balding areas (of the scalp for example) that are being treated.
FUE Hair Transplants have a very high success rate as each individual hair follicle is taken from areas of the scalp where there is healthy and permanent hair growth. Donor hair is often taken from the back of the head which is an area of the male scalp that is resistant to DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) which is the usual cause of balding in the front and crown of the head – also known as male pattern baldness.
When the DHT resistant hair follicle is placed in the new area, it still retains this element meaning your new hair growth should remain permanent unless it was genetically meant to fall out.
The transplanted hairs also successfully root in your recipient area as it is your own hair.
FUE Hair Transplant Surgery Breakdown:
- 1- Hairline Design
- 2- Punching
- 3- Extraction
- 4- Cleaning of Grafts
- 5- Storage of Grafts
- 6- Site Making
- 7- Graft Distribution
- 8- Placing
- 9- Post op Care
What are the FUE hair characteristics?
The characteristics of the Fue method are:
- is a process where the grafts are taken individually without damaging the cellular tissue .
- There is no incision or stitching in the area where hair is removed. In the area where the roots are taken, small abrasions of 0.6-0.7 mm are formed and these abrasions are closed in a few days and they heal without leaving a trace.
- With this technique, grafts taken from the back area of the head are used for transferring hair, as well as eyebrow, mustache and beard transfer.
- From 4,000 to 6,000 grafts can be taken depending on the average donor area and the number of roots to be implanted in a session. 1 graft can have 3 hairy bars sometimes 2, sometimes only one hair, so for example 6000 grafts mean normally 12000 hairs ; This number can go up to 18 000 hairs.
- Each graft has between 1 and 5 hairs. 1 graft hair, average 2 – 2.5 hair is accepted.
- Depending on the number and number of roots obtained, 50 – 60 hair roots per square centimeter are possible.
- This method is also preferred because it is not painful and has a short healing period after the operation.
The transplanted hairs start to fall at the end of the first month, after 2 – 3 months of hair transplantation, they start to grow out and getting longer. At 6th month hair grows giving a good image of the head. However, the best state of the hair is completed within 1 – 1.5 years after completing the adaptation process. The extracted hair won’t fall because taken from the area that is coded not to be falled. The hair comes out in the same color and of the individual hairs. We take in consideration also the present hairs, their direction and shape and the nature of the front hairline, which is important for a good result.
“The needle fue system is the system that allows maximum graft removal from the donor area (behind the two ears). The number of grafts extracted is higher because of the 0.3 mm and 0.6 mm diameter needle used by the apparatus, letting the donor area heals in 10 days. Since the graft taken from the donor area is taken in a proportional manner, the donor area will heal in a natural way without noticing the extraction”
Advantages of FUE Hair Transplant
- It does not need an incision or stitches.
- It does not result in a long linear scar in the donor area.
- Dotted scars that are formed due to FUE are far less visible than the linear scar offered by FUT.
- It does not result in much bleeding.
- It offers quick recovery with minimum discomfort.
- It can be performed to regrow hair on scars as well.
- It provides the surgeon a chance to take out only selected hair follicles.
- It is a quite slow process that requires a lot of time and effort of the surgeon for graft extraction.
- Transplanting a large number of grafts may require multiple sessions
- It costs more than a traditional FUT procedure.
- Graft damage rate is a little higher in case of FUE as compared to traditional strip method transplant.
- There are not many surgeons who master the technique because it is a difficult method and can only be performed well by skilful and experienced surgeons.
Percutaneous Hair Transplantation is a different method used for canal opening in the recipient area to treat hair loss or a receding hairline. In the percutaneous technique, the canals or the holes are opened by the special sapphire blades with superfine needles instead of slits and the holes have a round shape instead of a lateral one. This way, each hole will have precisely the same size as the diameter of the hair follicles which means each hole is very small and very tiny.
Preparation for the operation. Approximately lasts 1 hour. Photo-shoot, determination and drawing of the transplantation area, haircut (your hair is cut to be shorter than 1 mm) and local anesthesia of the extraction area.
Extraction of hair follicles. Approximately lasts 3 hour. Hair follicles are extracted from the benumbed donor area by leaving regular spaces to not to cause thinness. Extraction is performed with by the help of micro motor or manual punch with 0.7 – 0.9 mm leads. Your extracted hair follicles are kept under +4 / +10 C temperature in a special solution.
Canal opening approximately takes 1 – 1.5 hour.the canals or the holes are opened by the special sapphire blades with superfine needles instead of slits and the holes have a round shape instead of a lateral one. This way, each hole will have precisely the same size as the diameter of the hair follicles which means each hole is very small and very tiny.
. Canal opening procedure is the most important point of hair transplantation. If this procedure is performed in appropriate angles and directions, hair transplantation becomes natural.
The procedure is completed with the placement of your hair follicles to opened canals. Approximately lasts 3 hour. Namely, the operations can approximately take 6 – 9 hours. During these steps, the patient takes a couple of 10-15 minutes of meal and resting breaks. After the operation the area of which the hair follicles were extracted, are dressed with a bandage. The bandage is removed the next day. In postoperative period, you need to use a simple painkiller and antibiotic for a few days. The transplanted hair follicles become firm in approximately 7 days. The formed cicatrizacion in this period are removed with careful washing. Your transplanted hair continues to grow for 2 – 3 weeks, then begins to shed. Sometimes all and sometimes some of them are shed. Following a resting period that takes a couple of weeks, your hair cells begin to grow again. They grow and take their real form in 10-12 months in frontal area transplantations, and in 12-16 months in vertex area transplantations.
Advantages of Percutaneous :
– natural looking result
– fast healing period
– No scarring
– 8 hour procedure
– Local anesthesia is used
– Minimal pain after your procedure
What ıs DHI transplantation and what is the difference with the fue method?
DHI (Pen) method is an advanced, painless, and rapid healing process. It is possible to plant more hairs with the DHI method. Comparing to the FUE technique the DHI system doesn’t need to open the channels. The direction and naturalness given by the channels opening procedure in Fue technique, in DHI systems is done with the choi pens, the specialists use these pens to implant hair in the recipient area which is totally bald or to give more density to the hairs.
Advantages of hair transplant with choi pens:
The density is 60 to 80 grafts per square. This means that operation lasts longer than other techniques. As a result, the implant with the pen system can not exceed 2,500 grafts. Because the grafts must be kept in a certain temperature and sterile environment and the planting process must be ensured without losing the vitality of the grafts.
– It is not invasive, without pain.
– It is not necessary to shave the reception area.
– It can give more density.
– It has more precision and accuracy.
– The scalp and surrounding follicles are almost untouched.
– It is not necessary to use the scalpel to open the channels where the follicles will be deposited, so the wound is smaller and leaves no scars; With the implanter, it is easier and more convenient to control the tilt angle, depth and direction of the channel.
– Natural hair appearance and permanent results.
Recovery after operation:
Comparing to the other method DHI system has a faster recovery process and within 2 to 3 days the patient can return to normal life without any traces on his head.
In traditional hair transplant techniques, the local anesthesia with injection into the scalp can sometimes be unsettling for those patients who fear needles. As our partners , we offer an option of anesthesia without pain by a new unique anesthesia technique as an option for our patients.
The injection of the anesthetic happens so to speak in “high speed”. There is a spring in the piston of the Comfort In System. At the lower end there is a nozzle with a piston in which the anesthetic is filled. The lower opening of the piston is about 0.15 mm in size and can be filled with 0.5 ml of an anesthetic (which is quite sufficient in a hair transplant). When the trigger on the top of the stylus is pushed, the piston in the nozzle will shoot down.
As a result, such a high pressure builds up in a short time that the anesthetic is injected directly through the skin into the underlying tissue. The piston has only about a third of a second of contact with the skin. This makes the application virtually painless. Only the moment in which the anesthetic gets under the skin, can be perceived as something unpleasant.
By this solution local anesthesia is applied with a special tool without needle, So the patients who want their hair back but with the fear of needles can easily have their hair transplants.
We don’t need any needle for the local anesthesia so you will feel less pain and maybe You will feel a little bit pressure for some seconds, your body also doesn’t need to deal with wound healing, therefore there are no risks for infections.
Our center is unique in its acquisition of this technology and prides itself in providing all that is required by the comfort of its customers.
– less puncture wounds.
– less pain.
– fast, simple and guaranteed results.
– no risks for infections.
– Effective technique, Patented and certified technique.
– Ease and freedom of use in any area of the head